Eating Healthy with Diabetes
- Date: 06/16/2018 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM
- Location: Albertsons
415 Cleveland Blvd
Caldwell, Idaho 83605
- Introduction: Take a tour of the Albertsons grocery store with healthy eating in mind. The store's pharmacist and a local registered dietitian are your tour guides to healthy eating with diabetes.
In just 90 minutes, receive an information-packed experience in your neighborhood grocery store and key information to inspire healthful food choices to feel better and achieve better blood sugars.
The dietitian kicks off the tour by focusing on:
• 3 steps to carb-counting success
• How to create your diabetes-friendly plate
• Your free foods shopping list
• Best options in meat/seafood and other important aisles of the store
• Portion size tips along with a mindful eating tasting exercise, and so much more!
The store’s pharmacist wraps up the tour with information about glucose meters, testing tips, recommended vaccinations, A1c testing and other health screenings, group classes and other services available for individuals with diabetes and prediabetes.