Early Morning Rescue
Yesterday morning at 05:00 am, the Caldwell Fire Department responded to a fire at a residence located in our rural area. The residence was about 10 minutes outside of Caldwell, and units responding were advised that there was a person trapped in the house. Paramedics were dispatched immediately, as well as additional crews from neighboring fire departments. Upon arrival, Caldwell Firefighters found an elderly man trapped in the bathroom of the structure, with heavy fire in the attic and around the bathroom. The man had fallen down just inside the window. Crews quickly cut open the wall of the home, pulled him out, and turned over his care to a waiting paramedic crew. Once the rescue was completed, crews directed their attention to extinguishing the fire. Unfortunately, the house is a total loss. Fire Chief Mark Wendelsdorf, stated he is very proud of our Firefighters, and this is just another example of how skilled they are in their job. Mayor Nancolas also commends them for a job well done and applauds their dedication to the citizens we all serve. Great job Caldwell Fire!