City of Caldwell "Red Carpet Service"
This information outlines the requirements for obtaining the necessary building permits for commercial, industrial and multi-family developments. In order to ensure that your application is processed in a timely manner, your plans must be complete. For application and submittal requirements, see the various information sections provided below.
As part of our Red Carpet Program, all submitted projects will be assigned a Team Leader from our Development Team, who will oversee your project, and who will also be your primary contact throughout the process. Your project will require review and approval from various City Plans Examiners. Questions or inquiries as the processing of your permit progresses will be directed to your team leader, though some department specific questions may require that you interact with any one or all of the department Plans Examiners listed below.
Important to remember: Prior to building permit issuance, plans for food related establishments (ie. restaurants, bars, markets, delis, snack bars, etc...) must also be reviewed and approved by the State of Idaho, Southwest District Health Deparment. They may be contacted at (208) 455-5400.
Estimated Turn-Around Time:
- All department comments and requests will be submitted to your team leader and sent out to the designer in responsible charge within 10 to 12 days from time of submittal.
City Plans Examiners
Community Development Department
Zoning Plans Examination
Engineering Plans Examination
Fire Dept Plans Examination
Department of Building Safety
Building Safety Plans Examination
- 2012 International Residential Code - Parts I, II, III, IV and IX
- 2012 International Building Code
2012 International Fire Code
- Administrative Rules - IDAPA 07.03.01
2017 National Electrical Code
- Administrative Rules - IDAPA 07.01.01 - 07.01.11
- 2012 International Mechanical Code
- 2012 International Fuel Gas Code
2017 Idaho State Plumbing Code - Based off of the 2015 Uniform Plumbing Code
- Administrative Rules - IDAPA 07.02.02 - 07.02.07
- 2012 International Energy Conservation Code
- 1997 Uniform Code for the Abatement of Dangerous Buildings
- 1997 Uniform Sign Code
- Seismic Category - B
- Exposure - B
- Wind Loading - 90 miles per hour
- Roof Snow Load - 25 pounds per square foot
- Basic Ground Snow Load - 20 pounds per square foot
- Frost Depth - 24 inches
- Minimum Collateral Load - 5 pounds per square foot