Comment Period Deadline for CDBG Evaluation Report
A 15-day comment period regarding Caldwell's Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report for HUD 016 will end at 10 am on Thursday, December 28, 2017. The plan is availalble for review . . . (click on title to read more)
12/14/2017 3:18:38 PM
Construction Update: Idaho 55 Improvement Project
The Idaho Transportation Department has closed Lake Avenue south of Idaho 55 (Karcher Rd) . . . click on news title to read the rest of the story.
11/22/2017 12:39:08 PM
New Fishing Docks Installed at Caldwell Rotary Pond
Caldwell Rotary Pond has a new, updated look: new fishing docks installed last month. Many thanks to all who collaborated to make this happen: Idaho Fish & Wildlife Foundation, a private contractor, Fish and Game, and the City of Caldwell -- they look amazing! Click on the title for the whole story.
11/13/2017 12:30:08 PM
Fire Prevention Week October 8-14, 2017
In a fire, seconds count. Seconds can mean the difference between residents of our community escaping safely from a fire or having their lives end in tragedy.
That’s why this year’s Fire Prevention Week theme: “Every Second Counts: Plan 2 Ways Out!” is so important. It reinforces why everyone needs to have an escape plan. Here’s this year’s key campaign messages:
- Draw a map of your home by using our grid in English (PDF) or Spanish (PDF) with all members of your household, marking two exits from each room and a path to the outside from each exit.
- Practice your home fire drill twice a year. Conduct one at night and one during the day with everyone in your home, and practice using different ways out.
- Teach children how to escape on their own in case you can’t help them.
- Make sure the number of your home is clearly marked and easy for the fire department to find.
- Close doors behind you as you leave – this may slow the spread of smoke, heat, and fire.
- Once you get outside, stay outside. Never go back inside a burning building
Source: “Fire Prevention Week.” NFPA - Fire Prevention Week, www.nfpa.org/public-education/campaigns/fire-prevention-week-2.