Walk Audit Training Class coming April 16-17
From Brian Billingsley, Caldwell Planning and Zoning Director: Vitruvian Planning is hosting a walk audit training class in Caldwell on April 16 and 17. This course can be pretty rewarding to communities . . . (click on title to read more)
3/23/2018 4:16:38 PM
City of Caldwell seeking Volunteer Golf Course Board Member (appointed by City Council)
The City of Caldwell is seeking volunteer applications for a vacancy on the Caldwell Golf Course Board (click on title for more information)
4/5/2018 2:03:10 PM
Caldwell Debuts Homeless Prevention Program
See below for a link to the Channel 7 KTVB news story that ran Tuesday, April 3, 2018 regarding a new Homelessness Prevention Project administered by Advocates Agains Family Violence. Click on the title to see an overview of the program, and who to contact.
4/4/2018 1:39:07 PM
Fire Prevention Week October 8-14, 2017
In a fire, seconds count. Seconds can mean the difference between residents of our community escaping safely from a fire or having their lives end in tragedy.
That’s why this year’s Fire Prevention Week theme: “Every Second Counts: Plan 2 Ways Out!” is so important. It reinforces why everyone needs to have an escape plan. Here’s this year’s key campaign messages:
- Draw a map of your home by using our grid in English (PDF) or Spanish (PDF) with all members of your household, marking two exits from each room and a path to the outside from each exit.
- Practice your home fire drill twice a year. Conduct one at night and one during the day with everyone in your home, and practice using different ways out.
- Teach children how to escape on their own in case you can’t help them.
- Make sure the number of your home is clearly marked and easy for the fire department to find.
- Close doors behind you as you leave – this may slow the spread of smoke, heat, and fire.
- Once you get outside, stay outside. Never go back inside a burning building
Source: “Fire Prevention Week.” NFPA - Fire Prevention Week, www.nfpa.org/public-education/campaigns/fire-prevention-week-2.
Smoke Alarm Recall