Destination Caldwell Unveils Fundraising Program
CALDWELL, ID-October 12, 2017. With the development of Indian Creek Plaza underway, Destination Caldwell invites the community to participate . . . (click on title to view full press release)
10/13/2017 9:55:35 AM
Early Morning Rescue
Oct 4, 2017. Yesterday morning at 05:00 am, the Caldwell Fire Department responded to a fire at a residence located in our rural area. . . (please click on news title to read more)
10/4/2017 10:54:13 AM
New Dutch Bros Coffee Shop in Caldwell!
A huge WELCOME and CONGRATULATIONS to the second Dutch Bros coffee shop that opened in Caldwell yesterday . . . (click on title for more)
9/22/2017 3:29:00 PM
Fire Prevention Week October 8-14, 2017
In a fire, seconds count. Seconds can mean the difference between residents of our community escaping safely from a fire or having their lives end in tragedy.
That’s why this year’s Fire Prevention Week theme: “Every Second Counts: Plan 2 Ways Out!” is so important. It reinforces why everyone needs to have an escape plan. Here’s this year’s key campaign messages:
- Draw a map of your home by using our grid in English (PDF) or Spanish (PDF) with all members of your household, marking two exits from each room and a path to the outside from each exit.
- Practice your home fire drill twice a year. Conduct one at night and one during the day with everyone in your home, and practice using different ways out.
- Teach children how to escape on their own in case you can’t help them.
- Make sure the number of your home is clearly marked and easy for the fire department to find.
- Close doors behind you as you leave – this may slow the spread of smoke, heat, and fire.
- Once you get outside, stay outside. Never go back inside a burning building
Source: “Fire Prevention Week.” NFPA - Fire Prevention Week, www.nfpa.org/public-education/campaigns/fire-prevention-week-2.