Serving on a City Board, Commission or Committee
Citizen involvement is an essential ingredient for strong local government. The City of Caldwell promotes citizen involvement by inviting residents to serve on a variety of commissions and boards. These boards are designed to assist the City in planning, deliberating, and gathering information. It is the duty of each commission or board member to provide feedback and direction to the Mayor, City Council, and City Departments on an array of community projects and issues.
Things To Consider Before Applying:
- Members serve on a volunteer basis and therefore receive no financial compensation.
- Participation may require a significant time commitment.
- Some groups have a limited number of members and a vacancy must exist in order for a new application to be considered.
- After the Mayor and appropriate staff/chair persons have received and reviewed all applications, a recommendation is made to the Caldwell City Council for the appointment.
How To Apply For A Vacant Position:
Please submit to the Mayor's Office (411 Blaine Street, P.O. Box 1179, Caldwell, ID 83606) the following:
A completed volunteer application (link below) with the following attachments:
- Letter of interest addressed to Mayor Garret L. Nancolas.
- Up-to-date resume which includes your education, relevant work, and volunteer experiences.
For Additional Information:
Please feel free to contact the Caldwell City Clerk for additional information at (208) 455-4656.
To view Committee, Board, and Commission agendas and meeting calendars, please click here.
To access the application to be considered for a City Council appointed position on a City of Caldwell Committee, Board, or Commission, please click here.
Commissions & Boards
- Appointed Officials
- Audit Committee
- Caldwell Housing Authority Board
- Caldwell Industrial Airport Commission
- City Council
- Friends of the Caldwell Dog Park
- Friends of the Depot Director Board
- Golf Board
- Greenbelt Expansion Committee
- Historic Preservation Commission
- Indian Creek Plaza Task Force
- Library Board
- MYAC Executive Board
- Pathways & Bike Routes
- Planning & Zoning Commission
- Senior Center Commission
- Traffic Commission
- URA Board
- Veteran's Council
- Youth Master Plan Committee