Thank you for your interest in employment with the City of Caldwell. We welcome you to browse the current available job openings listed below.
To apply, please download an application below, complete it and submit via email to email@example.com or bring it in to the HR Department at City Hall located at 411 Blaine St. Caldwell, Idaho 83605. Our application downloads as a PDF and we recommend saving the application to your computer prior to filling anything out.
The City of Caldwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Building Inspector I or II
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$21.80- $22.89 (Building Inspector I) per hour (DOE,DOQ) $23.98- $25.18 (Building Inspector II) per hour (DOE, DOQ)
- Posted Date:07/08/2019
- Job Summary/Qualifications: The City of Caldwell has an opening for a Building Inspector I or II, in the Building Department. Individual performs skilled inspection work for compliance with the International Residential and Mechanical Code, municipal ordinances and regulations governing new or existing building, mechanical, and plumbing or electrical installations; inspects residential, and either commercial building or mechanical installations; performs other related work as required. Must possess good interpersonal skills and have the ability to effectively communicate with other City employees and the general public. Possession of a current and valid driver’s license. Subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check.
- Acceptable Experience and Training: Graduation from High School or GED, supplemented by specialized education in Building Inspection Technology; and One (1) year experience as a building and mechanical inspector; and Possession of a Journeyman Plumbing or Electrical License; or Any equivalent combination of experience, education and training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- Required Special Qualifications:
Building Inspector I: Possession of an I.C.C. Residential Building Inspector or I.C.B.O. Building Inspector Certification.
Building Inspector II: Possession of an I.C.C. Residential Building Inspector Certificate; Possession of an I.C.C. Residential Mechanical Inspector Certificate; Possession of an I.C.C. Commercial Building or Mechanical Inspector Certificate.
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, PERSI Retirement, 401k with match, PTO, 10 paid holidays, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability
- Application Instructions: Obtain an application and complete job description on the City’s website at www.cityofcaldwell.com or at the City of Caldwell Human Resources Office, 411 Blaine Caldwell, Idaho 83605.
- Contact Info:
Submit completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring them to City Hall located at 411 Blaine Street, Caldwell, ID 83605
- Employment Application- Download and save to your computer prior to filling out
- Release Form- Police Officer applicants only
- Associate Engineer
- Building Inspector I
- Building Inspector II
- Communications Specialist
- Drafting Technician
- Electrician - Streets
- Maintenance Crew Chief- Golf
- Maintenance Worker- Streets
- Senior Maintenance Worker- Parks
- WWTP Assistant Superintendent
Can't Find the Opportunity You're Looking For?
Can't Find the Career opportunity you're looking for? Try the Idaho Department of Labor website to gain access to their Career Information System (CIS). Idaho CIS can help you find out what type of jobs fit your skills, get training, connect with local businesses, and get resume writing help!