• Evening in downtown Caldwell

    photo credit: Dan Smede

  • Winter Wonderland 2019 Festival

    Destination Caldwell

  • Main Street, circa 1950-s - Ellis

    photo credit - unknown

  • 2018 4th of July Fireworks

    Dan Smede

  • Historic Caldwell Home

    Jan Boles

  • Old City Hall, circa 1930

    photo credit: unknown

  • Cardboard Kayak Races - 2018

    Destination Caldwell

  • Indian Creek Plaza ice ribbon

    Destination Caldwell

City Clerk

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Caldwell City Clerk

The City Clerk's Office:

  • Keeps official permanent records of the City.
  • Serves as the center of information for the public.
  • Maintains the integrity of the City through the legislative process, administrative and technical support, dissemination of accurate information and archiving official documents.
  • Provides support and administrative services to the Mayor, City Council, all operating departments and the public.
  • Acts as a liaison with citizens, area businesses and other jurisdictions. 
  • Provides City elections information.
  • Issues city licenses.
  • Creates and posts City Council meeting calendars and agendas.
  • Performs a wide variety of public duties.
  • Is located in the Caldwell City Hall at 411 Blaine Street.


The Caldwell City Clerk issues all Alcohol Beverage Licenses and Alcohol Beverage Catering Permits:

  • Alcohol Beverage Catering Permit applications may be downloaded, filled out, and scanned back to our office, or you can fill it out and submit it online (click HERE).
  • If alcoholic beverages are to be served outdoors, a site map MUST be provided with the application for the permit showing the dispensing area and size of the "beer garden".
  • Cost of the permit is $20 per day (2 days for a party or 5 consecutive days for a festival event).
  • Applications need to be submitted at lease 5 working days before the event.

 The Caldwell City Clerk issues Special Event Permits.  If alcoholic beverages are to be included at the event, the organizer is responsible for compliance with City Code:

  • See Special Events Permit Application (click on form title).  An Alcohol Beverage Catering Permit MUST be filed with the City Clerk for all Special Events where alcohol will be served.
  • A monitored, secured area MUST be designated for dispensing alcoholic beverages
  • Site plan must be submitted with size and placement of the "beer garden"
  • Security plan must be submitted that includes how the beverages will be monitored
    • Wineries need to provide verification of their issued permit by the State Alcohol Beverage Control
    • If an ABC permit was not obtained for the event, a Caldwell Alcohol Beverage Catering Permit will be required for the event.

Top links

    Please click on any of the links below for further information on a variety of topics. If you can not get an answer to your question by visiting this website, please contact Debbie Geyer, City Clerk at (208) 455-4656, by email at dgeyer@cityofcaldwell.org or through the mail at P.O. Box 1179, Caldwell, Idaho 83606.

    City Council Agenda link

    Search public documents linkCity Council Calendar link

    Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
    They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

    Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer