The City of Caldwell Engineering Department is located in the Development Services Building at 621 Cleveland Boulevard. Our mission is to provide suitable and safe roads, parks, walkways, and utility access for a growing community. The Engineering Department is responsible for Caldwell's Municipal Engineering Program and is responsible for many services to other City Departments.
Major activities of the Engineering Department include:
- Management of the City streets, sewer and water systems
- Management of Local Improvement Districts (LID)
- New development review
- Administration of the Subdivision Ordinance as it pertains to new development
(The ordinance is Chapter 11 of the City Code.)
- Administration of the Flood Damage Prevention Ordinance to maintain FEMA NFIP compliance
- Location of Easements and Right-Of-Way
- Plats of City roads, City property and private property
- Location of City sewer, water, and storm drain lines
- Fees associated with Residential and Commercial buildings
Road & Lane Closures
PLEASE NOTE: Each Right-of-Way Permit costs $70.00. A violation fee of $140.00 will be charged for work done without an approved permit. A Right-of-Way Permit must be accompanied with a traffic control plan. A valid Public Works License is required.
APPLY ONLINE: Right-of-Way Permits can be submitted and paid for online by clicking here.
APPLY VIA FAX OR IN-PERSON: Complete the Right-Of-Way Permit form and submit it via fax to (208) 455-3012 or in-person at the Engineering Department 621 Cleveland Boulevard.
Standard Forms and Specifications
City of Caldwell Standards and Revisions to the Idaho Standards for Public Works Construction (ISPWC) is available below via download at no cost. The document will be used as a guidance manual for consulting engineers and contractors working within the City of Caldwell.
- SUPPLEMENTAL SPECIFICATIONS For the 2015 ISPWC
The standard specifications apply in their entirety to all City of Caldwell Department of Public Works construction contracts and permits. These supplements to the Idaho Standards for Public Works Construction (ISPWC) are intended to accompany the ISPWC-2015. They are compiled here to guide, inform and assist engineering firms, developers, contractors and all other interested parties of the construction requirements to be used on public works types of projects for the City of Caldwell. (Amended by Bill No. 4, Ordinance No. 2787, dated March 16, 2009.)
- REVISED Street Section R-810
- CM-Irrigation District Supplemental Specs to ISPWC-2015
These standard specifications and details apply all City of Caldwell Department of Public Works irrigation construction contracts and permits. They are supplements to the Idaho Standards for Public Works Construction (ISPWC) and are compiled here to guide, inform and assist engineering firms, developers, contractors and all other interested parties of the construction requirements to be used on irrigation public works types of projects for the City of Caldwell.
- Sewer System Fees & Policies
- Water System Fees & Policies
- ORD 2794 Infrastructure Policy
- Record Drawing Requirements 2009
- Stormwater Manual/Policy July 2009
- FEMA Flood Maps and Floodplain Development Permit Application 2019
- Middleton Road Corridor Plan
The Engineering Department is responsible for assessing sewer and water connection fees on building permit applications. We also have review fees for commercial and subdivision construction plan review. Other new development fees are assessed by the Building Department and Planning & Zoning. Sewer and water usage fees are established by the City Engineer and administered by the Water Department.
- Petition To Vacate
- Vacation Process for Public Utility Easement with no access
- Vacation Process for Right-of-Way or Public Utility with access
Please click on the link below for a complete list of staff and their contact information.
Engineering Related Links
- Idaho Transportation Department
- State of Idaho
- Compass: Community Planning Association of Southwest Idaho
- Local Weather
- The Idaho Standards for Public Works Construction (ISPWC) Manual (2015)
The information provided here is offered as a convenience only. No agency, entity or individual guarantees or can be held liable for the accuracy of the information provided. If you know of a change or update that is required or of an error in the information provided here, please notify the Webmaster and the change will be made as soon as possible. Thank You.