• Indian Creek Spring

    Angie Point

  • Main Street 2007

    Jan Boles

  • Indepnedence Day 2016

    Kids on Parade

  • Historic Caldwell Home

    Jan Boles

  • Cardboard Kayak Race

    Ken Wien

  • Winter Wonderland

    Jan Boles 11-26-17

  • Winter Wonderland Lights

    Michelle Chadd 2017

Where do you obtain permits & Licenses

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

City Clerk: 208-455-4656

  1. Alcohol beverage licensing for businesses
  2. Alcohol beverage catering permits
  3. Dog Licenses (Issued through City Hall Customer Service/CPD/local veterinaries)
  4. Fireworks – Temporary Permits
  5. Pawn Shop Licensing
  6. Security Guard Licensing (Begin the process with Caldwell Police Department – license is then issued through the City Clerk)
  7. Special Events Permits (all events within the City held in public parks/spaces or buildings)
  8. Private Event With Road Closure permit (example:  block party needing a street blocked off)
  9. Peddlers/Door-to-Door Salesmen Licensing
  10. Tree Trimmers Licensing (Begin the process with Parks Department – license is then issued through the City Clerk)
  11. Street Banner Permits

Planning & Zoning Department: 208-455-3021

  1. Certificates of Completion/Business Permits
  2. Home Occupation Permits
  3. Temporary Use/Transient Merchant Applications
  4. Mobile Food Unit Compliance Certificate (i.e. taco trucks)
  5. Processing of all application for:
    1. Rezones
    2. Annexations
    3. Special Use Permits
    4. Preliminary & Final Plats
    5. Landscaping Plans
    6. Variances

Parks Department: 208-455-3060

  1. Application process for Tree Contractors License (actual license is issued through the City Clerk after approval by the Parks Superintendent/City Forester)
  2. Tree Trimming in the Public Right-of-Way Permits

Building Department: 208-455-4657

  1. Building permit applications
  2. Change of Use applications where a building is involved
  3. Change of Occupant applications
  4. Change of Occupancy applications
  5. Sign permit applications (sign placement/sizing/etc., is reviewed by P&Z)
  6. Fence permits if applicable (fencing placement regulations are enforced through P&Z)

Caldwell Police Department: 208-455-3115

  1. Dog licenses (also available at City Hall)
  2. Beer in the Park Permits
  3. Application process for private security companies operating within the City of Caldwell (actual license is issued through the City Clerk after CPD approval)

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer