PUBLIC HEARING INFORMATION:
This section of the Planning & Zoning website will be used to post agendas and minutes for the Hearing Examiner and Planning & Zoning Commission. If you have any questions, please call 208-455-3021. Information for upcoming Case files and meetings can be found here:
2020 Hearing Examiner and Planning and Zoning Agendas and Minutes:
Archived minutes can be found here
SUGGESTIONS FOR TESTIFYING AT PUBLIC HEARINGS
- Remember your objective…It is your objective to persuade the decision makers to vote or decide in favor of your side of the issue. It will not help your cause to anger, alienate or antagonize the decision makers who are listening to your presentation.
- Show your strength…Many neighborhood groups have organized their testimony by having one or a few people speak on behalf of the group. The leader will ask those in the audience supporting the testimony to stand. This conveys to the decision makers the seriousness with which the issue is viewed by the attending parties.
- Speak to the point…Public officials have heard hundreds of people give testimony. They are grateful when the testimony is pertinent, well organized, and directly regards the matter at hand. Long stories, lectures or philosophy, abstract complaints about generalities, or redundant testimony are usually a poor use of time. Please limit your testimony to 5 minutes.
- State your recommendation.
- Be informed…. Get a copy of the plan being heard, the staff report, the proposed ordinance, or other pertinent material. Then read it and plan your comments accordingly.
- If you don’t wish to speak, write it down… and submit it prior to the hearing. If written testimony is specific, to the point and concise, it will be given as much attention as oral testimony.
- Be reasonable….Put yourself in the shoes of the decision makers. They must balance all points of view, interests and proposals being made, and find the best course for the overall public good. While. Be prepared to compromise.
Any person needing special accommodations to participate in the meeting should contact the City Office at 208 455-3021 prior to the meeting.
Cualquier persona necesitando comodidades especiales para participar en la reunión debe contactar al las oficinas de la Ciudad o llame a 208 455-3021 antes de la reunión.