PUBLIC HEARING INFORMATION:
This section of the Planning & Zoning website will be used to post agendas and minutes for the Hearing Examiner and Planning & Zoning Commission. If you have any questions, please call 208-455-3021. Information for upcoming Case files and meetings can be found here:
2019 Hearing Examiner and Planning and Zoning Agendas and Minutes:
PZ: August 13, 2019
PZ: July 9, 2019
PZ: June 11, 2019 - cancelled
PZ: May 14, 2019
PZ: May 8, 2019 Summary of Meeting
PZ: May 8, 2019 Special Meeting/Workshop to discuss updates to the Comprehensive Plan and Comp Plan Map
PZ: April 9, 2019
PZ: March 12, 2019
HE: January 8, 2019
SUGGESTIONS FOR TESTIFYING AT PUBLIC HEARINGS
- Remember your objective…It is your objective to persuade the decision makers to vote or decide in favor of your side of the issue. It will not help your cause to anger, alienate or antagonize the decision makers who are listening to your presentation.
- Show your strength…Many neighborhood groups have organized their testimony by having one or a few people speak on behalf of the group. The leader will ask those in the audience supporting the testimony to stand. This conveys to the decision makers the seriousness with which the issue is viewed by the attending parties.
- Speak to the point…Public officials have heard hundreds of people give testimony. They are grateful when the testimony is pertinent, well organized, and directly regards the matter at hand. Long stories, lectures or philosophy, abstract complaints about generalities, or redundant testimony are usually a poor use of time.
- State your recommendation.
- Be informed…. Get a copy of the plan being heard, the staff report, the proposed ordinance, or other pertinent material. Then read it and plan your comments accordingly.
- If you don’t wish to speak, write it down… and submit it prior to the hearing. If written testimony is specific, to the point and concise, it will be given as much attention as oral testimony.
- Be reasonable….Put yourself in the shoes of the decision makers. They must balance all points of view, interests and proposals being made, and find the best course for the overall public good. While. Be prepared to compromise.
- made, and find the best course for the overall public good. While. Be prepared to compromise.
Any person needing special accommodations to participate in the meeting should contact the City Office at 208 455-3021 prior to the meeting.
Cualquier persona necesitando comodidades especiales para participar en la reunión debe contactar al las oficinas de la Ciudad o llame a 208 455-3021 antes de la reunión.
2018 Agendas and Minutes:
PZ: December 11, 2018
HE: November 13, 2018
PZ: October 9, 2018
HE: September 11, 2018
PZ: August 14, 2018
HE: July 24, 2018
HE: July 10, 2018
PZ: June 12, 2018
HE: May 8, 2018
PZ: April 10, 2018
HE: March 13, 2018
PZ: February 13, 2018
HE: January 30, 2018
HE: January 17, 2018
HE: January 9, 2018