Councilman Rob Hopper - Seat #3
Rob was born in Portland, Oregon and moved to Caldwell at the age of 10. Most of Rob’s family were early settlers and residents of Caldwell and its surrounding communities. Rob’s great-grandfather was an early mayor of Caldwell and his father served on the Caldwell City Council in the 1970s.
Rob has lived in Caldwell for nearly his entire life and grew up farming in the Nampa-Caldwell area. He is a Manager of Information Delivery for Blue Cross of Idaho. He holds an MBA from Heriot-Watt University.
Rob has been active in a number of community activities including the Idaho Youth Games and Idaho Smart Growth. He has served as a trustee for the Caldwell School District. His interest in serving the City of Caldwell stems from his belief that community resources play a crucial role in the development and success of young people.
Rob has been married to his wife, Jackie, for more than 25 years and they have two sons and a daughter at home in Caldwell.
Councilman Hopper holds Seat #3 and was elected in 2001, 2005 and 2009.
- Efforts to revitalize Caldwell’s downtown core
- Improve pedestrian and bicycle transit in the community
- Improve the service level Caldwell provides its citizens
- Vice-President for Idaho Smart Growth
- Valley Regional Transit Board
- Pathways &Bike Routes Committee
- Historical Preservation Commission
Contact information: email@example.com or Phone: (208) 454-0007