• Evening in downtown Caldwell

    photo credit: Dan Smede

  • Main Street, circa 1950-s - Ellis

    photo credit - unknown

  • 2018 4th of July Fireworks

    Dan Smede

  • Historic Caldwell Home

    Jan Boles

  • Cardboard Kayak Races - 2018

    Destination Caldwell

  • Indian Creek Plaza ice ribbon

    Destination Caldwell

  • Winter Wonderland - 7th St Bridge

    Angie Point

Animal Control

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option



Caldwell Police department provides animal control services for all calls for service within the incorporated city limits of Caldwell. We contract with the West Valley Humane Society for housing of all animals that are impounded within city limits. 

Our Animal Control Officers provides service seven days a week, 8 a.m to 5 p.m. After hours, patrol officers will respond for vicious or injured animals and for animals causing a noise disturbance or traffic problem. For all other animal complaints, please call during normal Animal Control Hours. 

If you have a complaint or need an Animal Control officer, please call Canyon County Dispatch at 208-454-7531


For questions regarding licensing your pet, please contact Caldwell Police Records at 208-455-3115 or email mtownsend@cityofcaldwell.org


Licensing Fees Altered Un-Altered
Annual Dog License *$12.00 $48.00
Annual Dog License - Micro Chipped *$10.00 $48.00
3-Year Dog License *$33.00 $130.00
3-Year Dog License - Micro Chipped *$27.00 $130.00


*Must provide written proof from Veterinarian.

For further information on Animal licensing please click the link below to take you to the City Animal licensing page.